The Journal of Information Society Call for Papers
Revised in April 2018
I. The Journal of Information Society is a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed scholarly journal dedicated to examining issues on information society, funded in July 2001 and publishing articles on January and July each year. The Journal of Information Society aims to provide a forum for critical and innovative discussions of key issues that arise from the interaction between information technology and society. Scholars from sociology, humanities, public policy, management, political science, psychology, communication and other fields are welcome to contribute.
II. Article types: Article types include Research Article, Research Note and Book Review. Submitted articles may be in either Chinese or English.
III. Article format
(1) Articles should be in MS-WORD. Editorial work is on electronic files only.
(2) Generally, Research Articles must be at least 15,000 words and no more than 25,000 words. Research Notes are limited to 15,000 words. The above word limits include all texts, such as the tables, charts, references, appendices and notes.
(3) When submitting the manuscript in the online submission system, please fill in information, including the thesis title, authors’ name and current affiliation in both Chinese and English (only include the primary affiliation), and contact information (mailing address, telephone, fax, and e-mail).
(4) Article structure: Cover page (including subtitle; do not exceed 10 words), abstract in both Chinese and English, texts (including charts and tables), appendices and references.
(5) The abstract must include the thesis title, abstract (300 characters or less for the Chinese abstract; 200 words or less for the English abstract), and key words (between 3-8 key words; in number of character strokes order for Chinese and alphabetical order for English). To facilitate anonymous peer review, please do not include name of the author(s) in the manuscript itself.
IV. Each article is reviewed by two anonymous reviewers. Review opinions are divided into four categories: acceptance, minor revision, major revision, and rejection. If two reviewers provide conflict opinions, the manuscript will be sent to a third reviewer.
V. Once the manuscript is received, it is promptly processed to the reviewing process. While the reviewing process generally takes about three to six months, the exact time for reviewing may vary, depending on the reviewing process for each manuscript. The reviewing process can be generally divided into three stages.
(1) Internal review
The Editorial Board evaluates the scholarly value of the manuscript and determine whether it fits the purpose of the Journal of Information Society.
(2) External review
After the internal review, 2-3 professional reviewers from the relevant field are invited to review the manuscript and provide comments. Next, the Editorial Board inform the author the review outcome based on the reviewers’ suggestions. If authors are invited to submit the manuscript again after revision, the revised article will be reviewed again by the reviewers until the manuscript reaches the standard for publication.
Once the manuscript reaches the standard for publication, the article will be published based upon the approval by the Editorial Board.
(1) The Journal of Information Society does not accept manuscripts that have been officially published or that have been submitted to other journals.
(2) Authors retain the rights to the published manuscripts. However, the Journal of Information Society has the right to make and distribute the electronic copy of the manuscript. The author(s) should inform the Journal of Information Society if the manuscript is reproduced or translated.
(3) Once the manuscript is published, the author will receive 2 free copies of the current issue.
VII.Manuscript submission: Starting from the 21st issue, submission is accepted through the online submission system.
• Please submit the manuscript through the website at http://ccis.nctu.edu.tw/.
If you any questions, email to the mailbox: email@example.com
. We will respond as soon as possible after receiving your enquiry.